Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Exhaustion...

Wow, I am so tired. I was going to write an actual post, but I am so exhausted I can't think. It's amazing how my boss keeps finding new and excising ways to exploit and mistreat me. I have probably racked up hundreds of overtime hours by now, although I have been paid for none, not to mention my regular hours. What a waste of time and energy. And therefore, I am exhausted.

It is ironic, though, how I am too exhausted to think now, but at work that is all I do. My job is purely mechanical, very little thought involved, and so, my mind tends to drift to other subjects. Everything I should be typing in this space right now, streams so fluently through my mind when I am away from a computer and busy doing other things.

People complain, that I am not a very "friendly" worker. It's not that, really. But I bet I do look quite grim and bitter while I do my job. That's because my mind is somewhere else, rather than "at work" with me. Sure, it is hard at work all the time, but "work" is the last thing it is thinking about. There is nothing to think about. And what I do think about - my situation, my circumstances, my impending doom - those are not very nice things. To think about, or experience. Also, being exploited at work is not a whole lot of fun, either. So I doubt I look like a happy camper.

But people don't know that. They don't know that my mind is elsewhere. They don't know what I think about, and what I go through. It doesn't stop them from judging me and assuming my world has to revolve around them, though.

Anyway. There is no real point to this post. I am just rambling because I am exhausted, and my brain feels like mush.

-void

No comments:

Post a Comment